After one of the most disturbing episodes of Reign I witnessed last week it's time for a new episode! The only thing I hate about the holidays is my shows go off air for a while.
The past week and a half, I attended the virtual Write On Con online. For those who did not know what it is, it's an online writer's conference, it was in a way like a virtual one for those who couldn't afford to travel to another town for those conferences. During the conference there were agents, authors and editors talking about book publishing and establishing author platforms and in the forums some agents and editors were requesting manuscripts through the forums, and there were some things I wanted to share. 1. More than one POV The agents and editors said they don't mind more than one POV but they want the voices to be different. They also recommended that if you want to write novels with multiple POVs good examples of published novels using that technique is Jodi Picoult's novels and Pretty Little Liars Series by Sara Sheppard. All of Jodi Picoult's novels deal with 5-7 different POVs and she is a New York Times best selling author for multiple years and...
Hello World, I hope wherever you are you are trying to stay as safe as possible. This is going to be a difficult next few months. My town so far has not had any major issues as our count of the infected is still low, but I am taking extreme precautions. I'm lucky to where my current job allows me to work from home, and I always buy in extra every grocery story run, so I have a good amount of stock. I work part-time as a librarian and until further notice all libraries are closed. It's scary. I don't know if it's a sign that I've read too many dystopian novels, but I FEEL like I'm living in a dystopian book where a highly dangerous drug is spreading and killing people. Where food is scarce and everyone is fighting over getting to the stores to buy the last of everything before it runs out. Where the money is dried up and people are struggling. I might have read it in books, but it's starting to seem too real. On Writing I have two diverse YA fantasies that ...
So, I really didn't enjoy reading Cassandra Clare's Mortal Instruments. But my friends who recommended me to read Cassandra Clare's Mortal Instruments told me I may like her other series Infernal Devices better, so I decided to check out. Clockwork Angel (Infernal Devices Book 1): Magic is dangerous--but love is more dangerous still.When sixteen-year-old Tessa Gray crosses the ocean to find her brother, her destination is England, the time is the reign of Queen Victoria, and something terrifying is waiting for her in London's Downworld, where vampires, warlocks and other supernatural folk stalk the gaslit streets. Only the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the world of demons, keep order amidst the chaos. Kidnapped by the mysterious Dark Sisters, members of a secret organization called The Pandemonium Club, Tessa soon learns that she herself is a Downworlder with a rare ability: the power to transform, at will, into another person. What's more, the Magis...
Comments
Post a Comment